- NYS CPA license
- Minimum of 6 years public accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manage client accounts and build relationships through strong technical and interpersonal skills
- Be an expert in understanding internal revenue code sections and multi-state income taxation
- Ability to effectively manage and develop other professionals
- Develop responsible, trained staff and assist in performance evaluations
- Possess strong understanding of technical requirements and keep updated on recent accounting pronouncements and requirements
- Working knowledge of ProSystems Tax software, Thomson Reuters Checkpoint; knowledge of other programs related to tax planning, depreciation, and accounting is a plus.
- Ability to travel to same-day work at client locations
Education and Experience level: Certified Public Accountant with 2+ years’ experience in public accounting. Salary commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
- Gather appropriate evidence using effective client inquiries, test of details and basic analytical procedures.
- Be familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA and when assigned to government engagements, the GAO and GASB.
- Prepare complete and accurate supporting documentation and, when requested, review documentation prepared by others assigned to an engagement.
- Obtain exposure on the types of financial statements engagements offered by the firm and ensure financial statements are completed timely.
- Assume responsibility for financial statement engagements or segments of audits in concert with more experienced professionals.
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to see the audit process through from start to finish.
- Develop and enhance the ability to plan engagements based on risk assessments.
Education and Experience level: Certified Public Accountant with 2+ years’ experience in public accounting in tax and/or audit is preferred. Salary commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
- Gather appropriate evidence using effective client inquiries.
- Become familiar with pertinent Internal Revenue sections, regulations and Revenue Procedures.
- Perform tax research and continue to develop advanced knowledge of the tax code.
- Obtain a working knowledge of research techniques, perform tax research, and continue to develop advanced knowledge of the tax code.
- Take ownership of the tax preparation process of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary and other tax returns prepared by the firm.
- Assume responsibility for the completion of tax returns in concert with more experienced staff.