Demonstrate your organization's
commitment to excellence.
Join 28,000 of your peers. Apply for membership today!
Find CPE Conferences, Seminars, and Online Courses Here.
Save up to 40% on CPE
with the FAE Value Pass.
Get insight and analysis into
all areas of the profession.
Content provided by and exclusively for NYSSCPA members.
Stay up to date with important
A daily roundup of the latest from around the accounting and financial industry.
strong PAC means a strong profession. Donate Today.
Help develop a strong
network of connections.
A resource for NYSSCPA Members.
expert answers to technical questions.
career off right with an experienced mentor.
It's never too early
to start thinking about your career.
Our client is a leading real estate investment company based in NYC
The Staff Accountant's responsibilities will include:
* Review of general ledger activity and general ledger accounts
* Review of subsidiary ledgers and reconciliation to general ledger
* Reconciliation of intercompany account balances
* Preparing budgets by collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
* Calculating budget vs actual variances and reporting significant issues to management
* Reporting monthly partnership level P&L, Balance Sheets and Cash Flows
* Reconciling property level accrual based financials to cash flow
* Preparing weekly and monthly Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Cash reports for Controller and Senior Management
* Reviewing weekly bank reconciliations
* Assisting with lender reporting and review, including insuring monthly debt payments are made, monitoring and reporting of escrow accounts, and insuring compliance with debt covenants
* Assisting with preparation of quarterly investor financial reporting and distribution schedules
* Assisting with due diligence and financial analysis of properties for potential acquisition or disposition
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting
* 3+ years of public accounting firm experience
* 3-4 years of work experience
* CPA* An excellent work ethic, strong written and verbal communication skills
* Work well in a collaborative, team-oriented working environment, including the ability to effectively interact with a broad range of functions and experience levels
* Exceptional analytical skills
* Experience in real estate accounting, reporting, financial controls and partnership accounting preferred
* Experience with QuickBooks, Yardi and MRI software preferred