Reporting to the SVP & CFO, this operational leader will supervise, monitor and manage administration, finance, and operations for the Business, Finance & Administration Services (BFAS) Unit at Syracuse University. Lead strategic initiatives, manage ongoing programs, uphold BFAS accountability, and oversee day-to-day operations.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years of management experience. MBA, CPA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in a Higher Education environment preferred.
- Significant experience with Big 4 Public Accounting or Advisory, premiere consulting, or leading strategic initiatives highly desired.
- Possess functional knowledge of finance and business operations.
- Solid leadership and operational experience, including translating strategic imperatives into actionable plans.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Persuasive with details and facts.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Well organized, open-minded, decisive yet flexible.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, and Microsoft Office; knowledge of Hyperion helpful.
- Minimum overnight travel required.
- Serve as advisor to the SVP & CFO in planning, implementing and monitoring strategic initiatives and projects for the division. Ensure that the strategic plan is implemented, outcomes are achieved, and the financial structure is in place. Perform process improvement and efficiency analysis to provide exceptional service throughout financial operations in accordance with University mission. Lead and support organizational change efforts designed to achieve strategic planning, organizational effectiveness, and business process improvement goals.
- Manage the daily operations of the office of the SVP & CFO including solving problems and coordinating schedules. Draft and initiate correspondence and reports, gather resource information for meetings and presentations, and prepare and edit presentation materials and accompanying reports. Manage recurring senior leadership team meetings. Manage and coordinate multiple project work streams across various disciplines and stakeholders, including tracking key activities and milestones, managing deliverables,integrating activities across work streams, and surfacing project risks and concerns. Develop and report on metrics.
- Manage Board of Trustees' Committee report preparation and other communications working collaboratively with the University's Board of Trustee Office and BFAS leadership. With the University Director of Budget and Planning, assist to facilitate the BFAS department's long term budget planning and forecasting activities, and the coordination of the department's activities and operations. Oversees the unit's strategy and implementation of financial, human, and technology resources working in collaboration with IT Services and Senior HR staff to ensure alignment with university policy, practice and strategic initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to enhance financial and business effectiveness. Review unit's strategic operational/business plans to ensure alignment with strategic priorities. Provides recommendations concerning financial, human and technology resources to support plans.
- Serve as liaison to HR, IT Services and other University units. Oversee the Unit's physical space needs and serve as liaison to other University offices. Ensure that staff have the resources, tools and support to succeed; the processes to enable success; and the ability to track and measure operational excellence and outcomes.
Apply online at www.sujobopps.com (job# 033532).