Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required
- Four-year college degree, an MBA or CPA preferred, or related experience.
- Four to eight years of managerial level accounting/financial business management experience, preferably in an academic environment.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles required.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, organizational, leadership, management, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to use and knowledge of accounting software systems, data retrieval, report preparation, word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Independent and self-motivated with the ability to manage stressful situations, schedules and deadlines.
- Contribute positively to employee morale; maintains a positive, pleasant demeanor to all constituencies; provides positive encouragement to students.
To apply, please send an attached cover letter and resume addressed to Chief Financial Officer Michael Hwang to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter Director of Finance in the subject line to ensure proper handling. No phone calls please.
Download the complete job description.
The Dalton School actively seeks to forward the equity and diversity of our community in our admissions, programs and hiring. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, physical disability, or sexual orientation in administration of our educational policies, hiring policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics and other school-administered programs.